I just talked to Geoff and David with regards to the Summit and for those of you about mount the final presentations, please try and use other board options than foam core...Since the venue is green, there is a push to be a bit less hypocritical. Try for the options such as mentioned in this communication from a manager at the Summit:
Unfortunately, we don't have much of a display system. I'm told that we can't actually hang anything from the walls. I'm not sure how JoJo is planning on displaying the transportation banners which hang from a dowel. I had thought we could attach to the walls-but apparently that is not the case.
I spoke with Gabriel and suggested that he print out his pieces on heavy paper, which can then be mounted to the wall using clips. [Though again, I don't know how we attach the clips to the walls if we can't nail them in]
If students want to affix the printed piece to a rigid board, I suggest they use cardboard or museum board or book board.
Heidrun
SO, do what you can to source this out, and be sure you can have print time reserved and done by early Tuesday so that you can bring those to the conference. Wed. at 8am, if it is not there, it will not be graded. If you need to take off on Sat. during class, that's OK MG
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mark,
ReplyDeleteAre we looking at dimensional constraints